We are a non-profit, charitable organization focused on literacy. We seek out the cooperation, support and generosity of the community to gather the resources and funding needed to improve literacy. We provide free academic upgrading to the residents of Lunenburg County up to the Grade 8 level.
Our vision for Lunenburg County residents is strong literacy, an empowered community and enhanced quality of life through lifelong learning.
- Provides a positive atmosphere, confidentiality, trust, mutual respect and encouragement.
- Works with learners to develop individual learning goals and plans to meet their needs and attain their goals.
- Respects the life experiences and the unique ways of learning and works with each individual to accommodate the demands of adult life.
- Focuses on learners and their success.
- Develop a sense of empowerment and self-confidence.
- Incorporate existing knowledge, experience and life skills into their learning plan.
- Set goals and apply a practical learning method.
- Access opportunities to accomplish non-academic goals.
- Learn at own pace.
Looking to invest in your community?
- You can make a donation
- Become a Volunteer Tutor
- You can donate needed resources
- You can refer your friends, family or clients to ALO classroom and programs
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer tutor please contact Wendy Whynot at (902) 543-2479 ext: 26 or by email at [email protected]
For more information on ALO programs, contact:
Margaret Matthews, Executive Director, @ [email protected]
Employment Solutions Society a NOVA SCOTIA WORKS Employment Service Centre
215 Dominion Street, Bridgewater, NS B4V 2K7
(902) 543-2479 phone 1-866-711-0411 toll free