We are a non-profit, charitable organization focused on literacy. We seek out the cooperation, support and generosity of the community to gather the resources and funding needed to improve literacy. We are a part of Nova Scotia School of Adult Learning (NSSAL)
Our vision for Lunenburg County residents is strong literacy, an empowered community and enhanced quality of life through lifelong learning.
- Provide a positive atmosphere, confidentiality, trust, mutual respect and encouragement.
- Works with learners to develop individual learning goals and plans to meet their needs and attain their goals.
- Respect the life experiences and the unique ways of learning and works with each individual to accommodate the demands of adult life.
- Focus on learners and their success.
- Develop a sense of empowerment and self-confidence.
- Incorporate existing knowledge, experience and life skills into their learning plan.
- Set goals and apply a practical learning method.
- Access opportunities to accomplish non-academic goals.
- Learn at own pace.