Continuing Care Assistant
Employer: Shoreham Village
Closing Date: 20201203
Contact Name: Marlene Ryan
Email: [email protected]
Location: Chester, NS
Hours: Full-Time, Part-Time, Casual, Weekdays, Weekends, Days, Evenings, Nights
- Have the ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis
- Have the ability to meet the physical requirements of the job including safe lifting, push, pull and bending with demonstrated use of proper body mechanics
- Have good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to resolve conflicts
- Maintain confidentiality concerning residents, staff and organizational information
- Understand and support the principles of Resident Focused Care
- Be a respectful and hardworking team player with a professional and courteous manner
- Communicate and report relevant information regarding resident care and any health and safety issues to your Supervisor.
- Provide a criminal record check.
Training & Experience:
- Successful completion of CCA course and provincial CCA certification or willingness to obtain certification
- Training and experience with Alzheimer and Dementia care is an asset
- Training and experience in Palliative Care is an asset
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Provide personal care to residents including restorative care programs, walking and range of motion.
- Assists clients with hygiene needs and daily living activities including bathing, dressing, oral care, skin care, positioning in bed, feeding and transferring.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of resident leisure activities on a daily basis.
- Collaborates with residents, families, volunteers and other members of the team in the development of an individualized Resident care plan.
Essential Skills: Reading, Writing, Document Use, Numeracy, Computer Use, Thinking, Oral Communication, Working With Others, Continuous Learning
Employability Skills: Motivation, Confidence, Good Attitude, Adaptability, Accountability, Time Management, Teamwork, Stress Management, Presentation
How To Apply:
Via email: [email protected]
Nova Scotia Works, Employment Solutions Society, Bridgewater posts job listings for the convenience of clients and it does not endorse or recommend employers, a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. This organization explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer, nor is responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of employment without limitation. It is the responsibility of clients/applicants to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting employment offers and to thoroughly research the facts and reputation of each organization/employer to which they are applying. Clients should be prudent and use caution when applying for or accepting any position.