Health Services - Northwood Care Aid
Contact Name: Nanette Fisher
Email: [email protected]
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Hours: Casual, Weekdays, Weekends, Days, Evenings, Nights
We are Currently Hiring for the following areas:
Chester, NS area to work at Shoreham Village For over 55 years, Northwood has led the way as Nova Scotia’s most dynamic continuing care organization. We are committed to innovation and change. We are recognized both here at home and across Canada as an extraordinary example of the power of social justice. We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our Health Services team.
Northwood Health Services is part of the Northwood Family of Companies. It is an agency based company that provides support services to clients in their homes as well to persons residing in long-term care.
If you are passionate about caring for others and are looking for an opportunity to build a career with Northwood, then we want to hear from you! We like to call it the power of love.
Northwood is a full spectrum health, lifestyle and continuing care organization.
• Paid orientation and on the job training starting November 12, 2019
• Support in obtaining Nova Scotia CCA certification
• Days, evenings, nights, weekends; many flexible options.
• Competitive pay rates
• Occupational health services
• Access to ongoing education
• Wireless Phone
Responsible for providing service to residents/clients in accordance with the individual care plan developed by the RN Clinical Leader and interdisciplinary team members or RN Supervisor
• Performs light housekeeping duties (e.g. tidy room, clean closets, hang clothing)
• Provide personal care (e.g., bathing, dressing, grooming)
• Assists residents with meals and between meal refreshments
• Provides respite to families and care givers
• Engages residents/families in leisure/recreational activities on unit
• Facilitates resident/family participation in recreation programs
• Provides opportunities for residents/families to interact with environment in which they live/visit • Meal preparation
• Documentation (e.g., reporting client/resident concerns, incident reports)
• Completes other tasks as required
• Grade 12 or equivalency
• Current Emergency First-Aid with Level C CPR.
• Individuals on learning path for CCA-not registered for PLAR
• Individuals who have taken the CCA course but have not passed the exam after 3 writes.
• Minimum of 12 months of relevant work or volunteer experience
• Experience in one or more areas:
Young Adult Care
Caring for family member/friend
Current CCA student with successful completion of first skills development placement
Essential Skills: Reading, Writing, Document Use, Numeracy, Computer Use, Thinking, Oral Communication, Working With Others, Continuous Learning
Employability Skills: Motivation, Confidence, Good Attitude, Adaptability, Accountability, Time Management, Teamwork, Stress Management, Presentation
How To Apply:
Northwood is Loving Care, so a BIG heart is required! #livemore If this exciting opportunity interests you and you would like to discuss employment opportunities please apply NOW LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE.
To learn more about Northwood visit our website at www.nwood.ns.ca
Northwood is proud to be an inclusive employer who encourages diverse applicants. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply to the following link: https://northwood.itacit.com/itacit-career-ui/postings/4084?CLIENT=7667849663&SID=2&LANGUAGE=en
or by email to [email protected]
Nova Scotia Works, Employment Solutions Society, Bridgewater posts job listings for the convenience of clients and it does not endorse or recommend employers, a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. This organization explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer, nor is responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of employment without limitation. It is the responsibility of clients/applicants to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting employment offers and to thoroughly research the facts and reputation of each organization/employer to which they are applying. Clients should be prudent and use caution when applying for or accepting any position.