Employer: Summer Street
Contact Name: Bob Bennett
Email: [email protected]
Location: Pictou County
Salary: 18 per hour
Additional Info: Our mission is to create or facilitate opportunities for people with intellectual disability, one person at a time. As a person centered organization, we meet the unique and diverse needs and desires of individuals as much as possible. Our spectrum of services take into account personal interests and varying degrees of ability and independence. Our programs and services range from personal care and health to social skills and employment with considerable interconnection. As new skills are developed, levels of independence, desires and opportunities can change and new doors open. The role of Instructor/Support Staff is to support and provide choices that help each client achieve a meaningful work life balance of their choosing.
The successful candidate will provide individualized support and person-centered planning for adults with intellectual disability.
• Post-secondary education in a field related to working in human services and experience working with people who have disabilities.
• Ability to perform all physical duties of the job (hands on training and support).
• Ability to perform personal care.
• Ability to perform all duties related to supporting our clients at a variety of work sites.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License and access to a passenger vehicle.
• Proven team player with demonstrated communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills and the ability to work effectively in a demanding service oriented organization.
• Weekend and evening work required.
Essential Skills: Reading, Writing, Document Use, Numeracy, Computer Use, Thinking, Oral Communication, Working With Others, Continuous Learning
Employability Skills: Motivation, Confidence, Attitude, Adaptability, Accountability, Time Management, Teamwork, Stress Management, Presentation
How To Apply:
Email: Bob Bennett