Employer: CSR GeoSurveys Ltd.
Email: [email protected]
Location: 341 Myra Road, Porters Lake, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3E 1G2
CSR GeoSurveys Ltd. is a Marine and Ground geophysical / geological consulting firm. We operate worldwide, conducting marine geophysical surveys for offshore petroleum, port engineering and marine environmental applications. We provide a complete marine survey solution that includes positioning, hydrographic surveying, seafloor imaging, sub-bottom profiling, geological analysis and comprehensive reporting and mapping.
We are currently seeking a Marine Geologist/Geophysicist for FULL TIME employment. You will be involved in all aspects of a project life cycle from survey planning, data acquisition, interpretation, processing and reporting.
MARINE GEOLOGIST / GEOPHYSICIST
The selected candidate will work from our Porters Lake (NS) office.
• You must have a BSc degree in Earth Sciences, Geology or Geophysics from a recognized university. Additional Geomatics COGS diploma an asset.
• You will be responsible for acquisition of Marine and Ground Geophysical data in the field.
• You will be responsible for the interpretation, mapping, and reporting on the data collected to a high industry standard in the office.
• Technical report writing skills are essential.
• You must have good work habits and interpersonal skills to successfully work on multidisciplinary projects in a team environment.
• Previous at Sea Field Experience and small boat operation are required.
• Ground Geophysical Experience is an asset.
• Experience with Multibeam acquisition and Processing is considered an asset.
Experience is preferred processing and analyzing geophysical data sets. An understanding of marine geophysical equipment is also preferred including sidescan sonar, shallow high resolution seismic, sub-bottom profilers, multi-channel seismic, and single/multi-beam echo sounding systems.
Candidates with the following experience will be considered an asset: knowledge of AutoCad and Arcview/Arc GIS software, and computer (software/hardware) troubleshooting.
• Safety training and orientation
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Benefits plan
• Travel opportunities
How To Apply:
Please submit resumes by email to [email protected], no telephone calls please. Only those candidates requested for an interview will be contacted.
Nova Scotia Works, Employment Solutions Society, Bridgewater posts job listings for the convenience of clients and it does not endorse or recommend employers, a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. This organization explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer, nor is responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of employment without limitation. It is the responsibility of clients/applicants to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting employment offers and to thoroughly research the facts and reputation of each organization/employer to which they are applying. Clients should be prudent and use caution when applying for or accepting any position