Employer: Employment Solutions Society, Nova Scotia Works
Closing Date: 20200124
Location: Liverpool and Bridgewater office locations (With travel within Queens and Lunenburg Counties)
Hours: 37.5 hours/week - Full time position
EMPLOYMENT SOLUTIONS SOCIETY
is a Nova Scotia Works Employment Services Centre serving Lunenburg and Queens County
Our team of Certified Career Development Practitioners assist job seekers and employers to navigate a range of programs by offering services that include career planning, job search and job development to assistance with staffing recruitment, HR planning, retention and referrals to other government supports available to Nova Scotia Businesses.
We are presently recruiting for an Operations Manager
37.5 hours/week - Full time position
Primary Work Location: Liverpool and Bridgewater office locations
(With travel within Queens and Lunenburg Counties)
The Operations Manager plans, directs and coordinates the daily operations of the Nova Scotia Works centre. He/she is responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and quality assurance of the organization through the provision of effective methods, strategies and supervision of staff.
• Cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Professional Behaviour
• Communication – written & verbal
Human Resource Management
• Excellent communication and leadership skills working with a team
• Foster effective teamwork among the staff members
• Coordination, management and supervision of service delivery and staff
• Understanding of inclusionary practice, ethical decision making, and respect for diversity and confidentiality
• Solid working knowledge of employment programs, services and practices
• Direct internal workflow within the organization
• Monitor LaMPSS input and documentation by all staff
• Effectively communicate relevant LaMPSS information to Executive Director
• Ensure that the process in place for client services is being followed and implemented effectively
• Work closely with Executive Director to share any issues or concerns that arise with IT, client services, human resources and strategic initiatives
• Effectively apply service methodology and enforce program standards
• Ensure program documents are complete, current and stored appropriately with designated timelines.
• Preference given to applicants who have a valid NS Career Development Practitioner certificate or be willing to become enrolled in the NSCDA Career Pathways working towards the CCDP certification
• Conduct client needs assessment, including Level 1 and Level 2 Assessments (others as needed)
• Assist clients to establish career goals, job search, job maintenance, skills enhancement, education plans and being able to identify and access resources for their own self-guided career development strategies where applicable
• Identify client strengths and barriers to employment, develop Return-to-Work-Action Plans to address barriers.
• Monitor and evaluate the RTWAP; adjust as needed; provide follow-up and support
• Administer policies
• Assist with the preparation of funding proposals
• Assess the organization’s overall performance; develop organizational plans and procedures
• Participate in hiring and training and supervising new staff
• Produce regular reports for Executive Director
• Evaluate and authorize purchases of supplies and equipment
• Complete file monitors on a monthly basis
Required knowledge skills abilities and personal attributes:
The Operations Manager must have:
• Strong initiative and leadership skills; ability to lead and motivate employees
• Ability to implement organizational policies and procedures and monitor adherence
• Solid understanding of Labour Market Information and its applications
• Working knowledge of employment/career related services, programs and interventions
• A valid Nova Scotia Drivers license and access to reliable transportation.
The Operations Manager must be able to:
• Effectively use information and communications technology; conduct research
• Adhere to inclusionary practice, ethical decision making and respect for diversity
• Commit to professional development and career self-management
• Prioritize, set and meet deadlines
Qualifications, Experience and Work Requirements:
• A bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as social service, psychology, business or administration is required.
• Two – 5 years of Human Resource and Business Administration management
• Experience leading and motivating Teams
• Criminal Record Check required
How To Apply:
Employment Solutions Society is committed to having a team reflective of the Region’s diversity and welcome applications from First Nations, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities, Persons of minority and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on your cover letter or resume.
To Apply for this position, email your resume and cover letter to the attention of Margaret Matthews, Executive Director, address below, with the email subject line, Operations Manager to [email protected]
Please note that only emailed applications will be considered. No telephone calls please.
Deadline for Submissions: Friday January 24, 2020 at 4:30pm.
We thank you for your interest in NS Works Employment Solutions Society; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. References will only be contacted for those that have been selected for an interview.