Residential Rehab Worker Positions
Employer: Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre
Location: Newton House, Bridgewater, NS
KRRC serves youth and adults with intellectual, physical, behavioral, psychological, and/or psychiatric disabilities.
We are currently hiring casual staff for a general orientation beginning April 30 for Residential Rehabilitation Workers for our Community Option Home located in Bridgewater.
As a member of a team, your role is to work directly with children and you will assist with increasing daily living skills through implementing positive programming and assisting with recreational opportunities. Provide clients with a safe, secure home environment by working with other members of the team, using positive behavioral supports to help clients who have difficulties coping, coaching through example and mentor appropriate decision-making and appropriate behavour. You will perform your role in keeping with the values, goals, mission, and philosophy of KRRC.
As casual staff your reliability is important and you will be scheduled in advance for some shifts and on-call for other shifts.
These positions are members of the CUPE Local 1472.
• Training in Standard First Aid (Level C) (April 25 & 26) and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (April 27) is required for all staff working directly with clients. KRRC provides the training for casuals hired without these certificates at a minimal cost to cover printed material
• KRRC provides training in all other core competencies and orientations as paid hours
• Competitive salary along with weekend and shift premiums
• Eligible to join optional pension plan after 24 continuous months with required hours per calendar year for casual staff
• Opportunities for temporary positions and to apply and compete for internal permanent job postings. Temporary positions provides for immediate enrollment in pension plan and excellent benefits package for permanent positions
• Opportunities for continuous learning with in-house training and professional development
• Opportunities to work as part of a team assisting clients in developing potential and improving lives
Candidates will have the following qualifications:
• Grade XII Diploma is required or GED
• Disability Supports & Services Certificate or Continuing Care Certificate is an asset.
• Experience with persons who have intellectual disabilities, severe and persistent mental illness and past work experience in residential settings an asset.
• Available to work weekdays, weekends and holidays,
• Required to provide criminal record check with vulnerable sector check
• Maintain a valid driver’s license.
Candidates must be able to provide 3 references; work references or combination of work reference and other professional references such as instructor, volunteer placement or coach.
How To Apply:
If you are interested in a career assisting persons with disabilities in developing potential and improving lives, enjoy being part of a team, please forward your application, including cover letter/resume as soon as possible to Human Resources, Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre
E-mail: [email protected]
Fax: (902) 538-7022
Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre
1349 County Home Road,
PO Box 128
Waterville, NS B0P 1V0
We appreciate all applications; however only those candidates invited for an interview will be notified.