School Bus Driver
Employer: Southland Transportation
Location: Halifax, NS
SOUTHLAND Transportation is pleased to be providing student transportation service in the Halifax region beginning in the 2020/2021 school year!
We are currently seeking dedicated and safety-minded School Bus Drivers to join our team. This is an essential role that offers job security, a flexible schedule and allows you to make a difference on the front line by transporting our children to school safely.
The health and safety of our employees and passengers has always been our top priority. In response to COVID-19, we have implemented the following additional safety protocols:
• Safe and distanced interview process including virtual interviews and online onboarding
• Personal protective equipment provided
• Buses assigned to one driver wherever possible for fewer touch points
• Thorough wipe down of all high contact areas in the workplace (including buses) to be completed twice daily
• Sanitizing bus interiors with Health Canada-approved disinfectant
• Hand sanitizer stations in offices
This is an opportunity to be part of a growing company that offers competitive wages, professional growth, and work-life balance. This opportunity is perfect for existing School Bus Drivers in the area wishing to maintain their current routes, stay-at-home parents, or entrepreneurs/retirees!
Why You Should Choose SOUTHLAND
• Competitive wages, bonuses, and flexibility within your personal life
• Modern fleet
• Evenings, weekends, school holidays (Christmas, Spring Break etc.) and summers off
• Free training
• Referral and training bonuses
• Employee recognition programs such as long service awards, safety awards, employee recognition banquets
• Mentorship program, professional development, employee engagement opportunities, and a chance to advance in a growing company
• Employee engagement and improvement sessions
• Nationally recognized professional driver training program
• Advanced driver education in our Mobile Training Unit Simulator
• School Bus Roadeos, staff BBQs, and a great family-oriented company culture
Hours of Work
• Monday to Friday - no mandatory nights or weekends
• Split shifts (approximately 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon)
As a School Bus Driver you will be driving approximately 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. Drivers work during the school year and are given time off in July and August.
• Valid Class 2 driver’s license (will provide license upgrade training from Class 5)
• Two years minimum of driving experience in Canada
• 5-year driver’s abstract
• Must have a safe driving record
• Undergo drug and alcohol testing, criminal record search, vulnerable sector clearance and reference checks
How To Apply:
Contact Bernard Dublois at 1-844-798-5627 EXT. 173 or by e-mail with a complete resume to [email protected] You may also visit www.southland.ca under Careers or the HALIFAX section of the web page
Nova Scotia Works, Employment Solutions Society, Bridgewater posts job listings for the convenience of clients and it does not endorse or recommend employers, a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. This organization explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer, nor is responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of employment without limitation. It is the responsibility of clients/applicants to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting employment offers and to thoroughly research the facts and reputation of each organization/employer to which they are applying. Clients should be prudent and use caution when applying for or accepting any position.