Seasonal Tax Associate
Employer: H&R Block
Closing Date: 20181225
Location: Bridgewater, NS
JOB TITLES: Seasonal Tax Associate - to - Senior Tax Professional
DEPARTMENT: Income Tax Preparation
LOCATION: H&R Block, 28 Davison Drive, EastSide Plaza , Bridgewater NS.
REPORTS TO: Office Leader & Local Ownership
JOB SUMMARY –
The tax preparation personnel are responsible for conducting in person client interviews and subsequently preparing tax returns in such a way that the client pays the least possible amount of tax as prescribed by law . He/she is also responsible for implementing Block customer service and public relations programs, office procedures, and reporting systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
1. Conducts client interviews for the purpose of preparing complete, accurate tax returns utilizing Block’s customer service programs and Tax preparation Software. Presents the value offer and benefits of H & R Block services in each interview. Provides tax information and offers appropriate tax-saving suggestions.
2. Practices excellent client service techniques to maximize the number of new and returning clients through implementation of our service platform which includes , but is not limited to, contacting prior clients through the company’s Prior Client Calling Program and seeking referrals.
3. Responds to incoming client inquiries on tax questions and appointment requests ( in person or on the phone) in conjunction with the Client Service Representative and office team . Conducts any necessary research using all available internal resources to provide complete and accurate responses.
4. Implement our Transact With Every Client processes to ensure interview is productive resulting in a paid transaction. Accurately estimate and update fee expectation as a result of client interview . Apply Fees based upon current fee schedule . Validate all presented discount coupons . Validate client's eligibility for H & R Block proprietary products; Instant Refund, Pay With Refund . Collects all payments according to current company policy and procedures.
5. Completes the required documentation for the E File, Instant Refund, Pay with Refund and delivers these services according to company procedures.
6. Efficiently produces paid tax return work so as to be conscious of the pending client demand ( next appointment, walk-ins, drop offs and stacked files for later work) so as to work towards meeting your personal the office team’s expected tax return production goal.
7. Reviews the status of COD and Pending/Hold , drop off and Un*E Filed returns on an ongoing basis, following up with clients as necessary.
8. Assist other associates in the office in a team environment as required for the purpose of enhancing the client experience.
9. Light housekeeping duties of workstation used and common areas. Periodic lifting of 25lb file box.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and Term –
• Work Environment – Retail tax store/office environment..
• Term: Seasonally from Late January to April 30
• Work hours: typically within the tax store’s standard opening hours of Monday - Saturday 9-6, with some evening work hours required during peak times
• Successful completion of The H & R Block Tax Academy Level I Fundamentals of Income Tax course, with a grade of 80% or better , or an acceptable equivalent. Training Scholarships are available to successful candidates
• Proven customer service skills.
• Effective verbal and written english communications skills, detail-oriented, organizational, math and analytical skills.
• Understanding and proficiency in the use of a Windows-based computer system.
• Understanding and previous use of tax preparation software and other applicable software is preferred.
• Ability to work both independently and to support team-based initiatives, as required.
How To Apply:
Send resume to Paul Fowler, Franchise Owner/Operator | H&R Block at [email protected]
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS SO CLASSIFIED. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.