Employer: Lighthouse Financial Services Inc, doing business as, H & R Block
Closing Date: 20190930
Email: [email protected]
Location: Local H & R Block Tax store, South Shore Centre E./ Eastside Plaza, 28 Davison Drive, Bridgewater, NS
Hours: Seasonal, Part -Time 20-30 hr per week, with possibly of future Full Time seasonal if interested.
Seeking: Personable Puzzle Solvers to start a new career that Indeed.com has rated H & R Block a top 10 Canadian Employer, specifically for our ability to offer a professional opportunity that still allows for a work to life balance.
Consider this opportunity to develop a unique skills set and connect with and help tax filers in the community. A Tax Associate position at H & R Block is a viable seasonal employment option for all generations that employs like minded people every year.
Contact Number: via email: [email protected]
Position Title: Tax Associate
DEPARTMENT: Income Tax Preparation
LOCATION: H&R Block, 28 Davison Drive, South Shore Centre
E. /EastSide Plaza, Bridgewater NS.
REPORTS TO: Office Leader & Local store Ownership
JOB SUMMARY –
The tax preparation personnel are responsible for conducting in person client interviews and subsequently preparing tax returns in such a way that the client pays the least possible amount of tax as prescribed by law . He or she is also responsible for implementing Block customer service, office procedures, and reporting systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
1. Conducts client interviews for the purpose of preparing complete, accurate tax returns utilizing Block’s customer service programs and Tax Preparation Software. Presents the value offer and benefits of H & R Block services in each interview. Provides tax information and offers appropriate tax-saving suggestions.
2. Practices excellent client service techniques to maximize the number of new and returning clients through implementation of our service platform which includes, but is not limited to, contacting prior clients through the company’s Prior Client Calling Program and seeking referrals.
3. Responds to incoming client inquiries on tax questions and appointment requests (in person or on the phone) in conjunction with the Client Service Representative and office team. Conducts any necessary research using all available internal resources to provide complete and accurate responses.
4. Implements our processes to ensure interview is productive resulting in a paid transaction. Accurately estimate and update fee expectations as a result of client interview. Apply Fees based upon current fee schedule. Validate all presented discount coupons. Validate client's eligibility for H & R Block proprietary products; Instant Refund, Pay with Refund, Peace of Mind. Collects all payments according to current company policy and procedures.
5. Completes the required documentation for E File, Instant Refund, Pay with Refund and delivers these services according to company procedures.
6. Efficiently produces paid tax return work so as to be conscious of the pending client demand (next appointment, walk-ins, drop offs and stacked files for later work) so as to work towards meeting your personal the office team’s expected tax return production goal.
7. Reviews the status of COD and Pending/Hold, drop off and non EFiled returns on an ongoing basis; following up with clients as necessary.
8. Assist other associates in the office in a team environment as required for the purpose of enhancing the client experience.
9. Light housekeeping duties of workstation used and common areas. Periodic lifting of 25lb file box.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and Term –
• Work Environment – Retail tax store/office environment.
• Term: Seasonally from Late January to April 30
• Work hours: typically within the tax store’s standard opening hours of Monday - to Friday 9 to-6 & Saturday 9 to 5, Some evening work hours may be required during peak times
No of positions: 1
Type of Position: Seasonal, Part -Time 20-30 hr per week, with possibly of future Full Time seasonal if interested.
Working days/ hours: Late January -April 30 annually. Scheduled hours within store opening hours of Mon-Friday 9-6 & Saturday's 9-5
Wage/Salary: 12.50 per hour to start
• Successful completion of the on line H & R Block Tax Academy Level I Fundamentals of Income Tax course, with a grade of 80% or better, or an acceptable equivalent. Training tuition Scholarships and tuition reimbursements are available to successful candidates.
• Proven customer service skills.
• Effective verbal and written English communications skills,
• Detail-oriented, organizational, math and analytical skills.
• Understanding and proficiency in the use of a Windows-based computer system.
• Understanding and previous use of tax preparation software and other applicable software is an asset.
• Ability to work both independently and to support team-based initiatives, as required.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS SO CLASSIFIED. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
How To Apply:
Apply by September 30th via resume submission to [email protected]
Nova Scotia Works, Employment Solutions Society, Bridgewater posts job listings for the convenience of clients and it does not endorse or recommend employers, a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. This organization explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer, nor is responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of employment without limitation. It is the responsibility of clients/applicants to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting employment offers and to thoroughly research the facts and reputation of each organization/employer to which they are applying. Clients should be prudent and use caution when applying for or accepting any position.