Employer: Employment Solutions Society, Nova Scotia Works
Closing Date: 20200124
Location: : Bridgewater office (With occasional travel within Queens and Lunenburg Counties)
Hours: 37.5 hours/week - Full time position
EMPLOYMENT SOLUTIONS SOCIETY
is a Nova Scotia Works Employment Services Centre serving Lunenburg and Queens County
Our team of Certified Career Development Practitioners assist job seekers and employers to navigate a range of programs by offering services that include career planning, job search and job development to assistance with staffing recruitment, HR planning, retention and referrals to other government supports available to Nova Scotia Businesses.
We are presently recruiting for a
37.5 hours/week - Full time position
Primary Work Location: Bridgewater office
(With occasional travel within Queens and Lunenburg Counties)
The Workshop Facilitator will design group learning sessions to facilitate enhanced employment related knowledge and skill acquisition. He/she will use Adult Learning Principles to tailor group activities aimed at meeting specific career-life planning needs for our diverse client groups while marketing and promoting the workshops being offered.
• Cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Professional Behaviour
• Communication – written & verbal
• Ability to design, organize and implement group sessions serving diverse client groups
• Good understanding of Adult Learning Principles
• Understanding of program evaluation concepts
• Ability to educate and develop participant skills by facilitating workshops on a range of topics including effective job search strategies, resume/cover letter preparation, networking, life skills, employability skills, etc.
• Ensure curriculum fidelity by facilitating delivery as designed, participate in on-going community of practice activities, and develop a sound knowledge of the content
• Implement instruction techniques that are suitable for a variety of learning styles while maintaining sensitivity to the diverse needs and abilities of participants
• Maintain accurate workshop data, including attendance rosters, evaluations, and other reporting documents
• Market workshops to community members, agencies and other stakeholders
• Utilize networks to attract resources and referrals to Employment Solutions Society to support program success
Required knowledge skills abilities and personal attributes:
The Workshop Facilitator must have:
• Good knowledge of community organizations, service providers, and referral agencies
• Ability to access and effectively use information and communications technology; conduct research
• Excellent facilitation skills
• Ability to define and manage career and personal development goals and transition
• Working knowledge of employment/career related services, programs and interventions
• Solid understanding of Labour Market Information and its applications
• Working knowledge of career development theory and applications
• A valid Nova Scotia Driver License and access to reliable transportation
The Workshop Facilitator must be able to:
• Work collaboratively with other staff members
• Adhere to inclusionary practice, ethical decision making and respect for diversity
• Commit to professional development and career self-management
• Travel occasionally for work purpose
Qualifications, Experience and Work Requirements:
• A diploma in business administration or information technology or related field
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a related field
• Experience in public speaking and good presentation skills is required
• A valid Nova Scotia driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
• Criminal record check is required
How To Apply:
Employment Solutions Society is committed to having a team reflective of the Region’s diversity and welcome applications from First Nations, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities, Persons of minority and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on your cover letter or resume.
To Apply for this position, email your resume and cover letter to the attention of Margaret Matthews, Executive Director, address below, with the email subject line, Workshop Facilitator to [email protected]
Please note that only emailed applications will be considered. No telephone calls please.
Deadline for Submissions: Friday January 24, 2020 at 4:30pm.
We thank you for your interest in NS Works Employment Solutions Society; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. References will only be contacted for those that have been selected for an interview.