FREE Registered services are accessible to individuals meeting the criteria outlined below and require registration:
- Any unemployed, underemployed individual (working but below their skill level) or an individual who is working under 20 hours a week who resides in Lunenburg or Queens County and is legally entitled to work in Canada.
Registered services outlined below are accessed by a referral to work with one of our career practitioners one to one. Below is a picture of one of our Career Practitioner’s offices. Registered clients meet privately to work one to one with Career Practitioners in an office similar to this one.
- Referral to work with a career practitioner
- Determination of individual needs to individual & group enhanced services
- In-depth barrier & roadblock identification
- Career exploration & planning
- Employment counselling
- Resume & cover letter critique & tips
- Eligibility & Suitability assessments for provincial & federal programs
- Action plan development
- Referrals to ALO, GED and Tutors
Our Career Practitioners also provide guidance to registered clients, who meet certain criteria, in completing applications for financial assistance through the Canada-Nova Scotia Labour Market Development Agreement (LMDA) under the direction of Employment Nova Scotia (ENS). Please click and follow each funding link below to view eligibility requirements:
- Start Your Own Business (Self Employment)
- Return To School (Skills Development)
- Work Experience (START Program)
Specialized services are available and are outlined on our Specialized Services tab.