Specialized assisted employment services are for those registered individuals who are working one-to-one with a Career Practitioner and have a disability* that impacts their employment success.
*Disability (as it pertains to employment) means a person who self-identifies as having a permanent physical or mental impairment that restricts his or her performance of daily activities.
Employment disabilities can fall under any of the following categories:
- Mental Health
- Physical Health
- Learning Disability
Below is a list of assisted employment specialized services a person with a disability can access:
- Determine specialized needs
- Disability impact identification
- Modified case management process and group sessions
- Assisted resume & cover letter preparation
- Job development services
- Direct employer selection
- On-the-job supports
- Referrals for functional, educational, and technology assessments